Middle Distance Coach Steff Hobday and Lincolnshire Cross Country Team Manager Bill Taylor will be holding a masterclass on running at the South Kesteven Sports Stadium on Trent Road on Wednesday 9th October, from 19:00-21:30.
The session, which will including a taster session on the track followed by a training discussion in the Gingerbread Suite, is aimed at those running regularly, with an open mind and and strong desire to become a better runner.
Steff says participants can look forward to an evening of lively discussion and interaction covering all things running related.
The session will cost £3.00 on the door and is open to non-club members.
19:00 – 20:00 – Practical on the track
1. Structured Warm Up
2. Full body mobilisation exercises.
3. 6 most important drills for running
5. Fitness Test – Cooper Run
6. Taster Session (4 * 400) Getting faster.
7. Cool Down
20:00 – 21:30 – Theory in the Gingerbread Suite
1. Key stretches for runners
2. Theory over a beer in the Gingerbread Bar.
- What makes a good runner?
- Understanding training zones/ effort levels.
- Three must do sessions each week.
- Your training diary.
Meet at the Stadium ready to run at 19:00 in running kit. Bring weather-appropriate clothes to change into, a notepad and pen and some money – the bar will be open!
A printable flyer is below – click for full size version.