Welcome to the joint Humber & Lincolnshire County Track & Field 2021 Championships.
Saturday 21 August at Costello Stadium, Analaby Park Road North, Hull. HU4 7NH
Sunday 22 August at King George V Stadium, Weelsby Road, Grimsby. DN32 9RU
Events begin at 11:00am each day.
Traditionally, County Championships are held in early May. This was not possible in 2020 or 2021.
A small group were determined that athletes should have a championship this season. Please assist these people by reading the following. I apologise in advance that the information is lengthy but, by giving you this information in advance, the 2 days should run smoothly.
COVID is still with us.
• DO NOT leave home if you have any Covid Symptoms, have a positive covid test or have been instructed to quarantine by NHS track & trace.
• use the hand sanitising stations
• wear a mask in the toilet areas, indoors & in the Kingston Club House
• give people space.
Parking: If the Car Park is full,
• Hull – parking is allowed on the left hand side of Boothferry Road.
• Grimsby – use the grass area behind the back straight.
• Hull – Hot & cold drinks, snacks etc. on sale in the Kingston Club House
• Grimsby – NO FOOD ON SALE & no nearby shops so bring plenty of food with you.
Spectators, Supporters & Coaches
• No restrictions now – please come & support your athletes.
• 2 pages for Saturday’s events 1 page for Sunday’s events
• If you wish to print the timetable, set your ‘page layout’ to narrow margins
• 1 – 299 Humber 301 – 599 Lincolnshire
• Each club will be issued with numbers for all their athletes – no central collection point.
• 2 numbers per athlete, to be attached back & front with a safety pin in each corner.
• If you are competing on both days – don’t forget to bring your number on Sunday otherwise it will cost you 50p for a replacement.
• In these Covid times, it has been decided that there will be no formal presentations.
• Once they know the official result of their event, athletes may report to collect their Medal/Badge from the awards’ table.
• The podium will be available should you wish to have photos taken.
Field Events: this does not apply to HJ & PV
• 2 warm up throws/jumps then the competition begins
• 4 trials for each competitor & a further 2 trials for athletes achieving the required standard.
• Officials will announce the standard prior to the competition.
• Please weigh in personal equipment on arrival.
• Be prepared to report to your event 20 minutes before the start time.
• Where heats are required, the starters’ assistants will inform athletes of qualification details.
• Qualifiers for the final will be announced – please listen to announcements.
• U13 Girls 800m – 2 heats/races will be run as time trials.
• Report to the start area of your race 10 minutes before start time.
Hopefully, the sun will shine & there will be great performances & lots of PB’s
Enjoy the championships.