Welfare and Safeguarding of Children
We are committed to creating and maintaining the safest possible environment by:
- Recognising that all children have the right to freedom from abuse
- Ensuring that all our coaches are appropriately qualified with UK Athletics and accept responsibility for helping to prevent the abuse of children in their care.
- Responding swiftly and appropriately to all suspicions or allegations of abuse, providing parents and children with the opportunity to voice any concerns they may have.
- Appointing Welfare Officers who will take specific responsibility for child protection and act as a point of contact for parents, children and outside agencies.
- Ensuring that access to confidential information is restricted to the Welfare Officers or the appropriate external authorities.
- Reviewing the effectiveness of our Child Protection Policy and activities regularly.
Grantham Athletic Club follows England Athletics’ guidance on Welfare and Safeguarding, which can be accessed here.
All members or parents of junior members are welcome to contact our Welfare Officers should they wish to discuss any concerns.
Our Welfare Officers are Phil Garner (07803713757) and Jackie Bainbridge (07773 493032).
(Visited 503 times, 1 visits today)